INDEPENDENT MOLD TESTING COMPANY
Click to Call

Are You Sick and Tired of Mold in Your House?

Are you sick and tired of mold in your house?

Mold is an organism that you will find indoors and outdoors. Mold forms a huge part of the natural ecosystem outside, but when it comes indoors, seeking moisture and out of direct sunlight, it can become problematic - particularly toxic black mold.

If you notice mold in your home, it won't automatically cause you and your family health problems. Nevertheless, it should always be removed once discovered. This is because it can cause damage to your home - it will in all likelihood spread - and it can lead to irritation of your and your family's eyes, throats, and noses, and cause lung irritation. And if you are someone with a respiratory condition such as asthma, you are more at risk for severe symptoms. Remember there are many different types of mold, and one type, black mold, is toxic and that must be removed from your home.

You will usually realize you have a mold problem in your home if you see it. If you can see it, you will notice it as being slightly discolored, fuzzy-looking, or even have slimy patches that as it spreads, it grows. There can be many hidden mold sources as well that are not visible to you, and you might smell it before you see it. The mold can produce many different types of smells, kind of musty damp odors that indicate you might have a problem.

 

How do I know I am getting sick from mold?

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are a huge proportion of the 300-million cases of childhood asthma that can be attributed to being exposed to indoor mold and dampness. Also, those people who do live in houses that are damp and moldy are at risk of having or getting depression, and this, in turn, increases the risks of respiratory symptoms such as asthma. Black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) produces toxic spores. Back in 1994, black mold was linked to a very serious respiratory illness where ten children developed idiopathic pulmonary haemosiderosis, or to put it simply, bleeding from the lungs; and one of the children died. Health problems that are associated with high levels of mold are eye irritation and other eye problems, sinus congestion, irritations of the nose and throat, and other respiratory problems.

 

What should I do if I suspect mold is in my house?

The best thing you can do in this case is to call a professional mold inspection service. Such companies have all the necessary specialized tools and extensive experience in mold inspection, so nothing escapes their professional eye. Professional guys will ensure that the mold has not remained hidden anywhere and doesn't spread further.

  • The inspection

    The inspector will need to examine the areas that have already been susceptible to mold, performing a visual mold inspection of the rest of the house and concentrating on those areas where mold usually forms. He might use equipment like moisture meters or even infrared cameras to detect if any moisture is present in the drywall or other inaccessible areas. The source of the moisture needs to be determined because that will be part of the solution to remedy the mold. After the inspection, he will recommend the best course of action. The top priority is to solve the moisture problem that he suspects is the source and if not, then further investigation will be needed. There would be no point in removing the mold unless the moisture problem was sorted out otherwise the mold will just return.

  • Testing for mold

    The professional mold inspector will do air testing to determine if there is hidden mold in your home. He collects samples to have them tested at a lab so that he can provide you with spot-on recommendations for mold remediation. Having a mold inspection and testing the mold is actually vital by a professional team because mold spores can fluctuate and move throughout your home, which you don't want. The mold inspector will perform different tests here which home tests can never provide; don't buy them if you want correct results. They are just a waste of your time and your money. The samples that the inspector takes of the mold at your home will be taken to a laboratory where they will be examined in controlled conditions.

  • Mold inspection report should be provided

    This final report should provide explanations of the mold inspector's findings and also his remediation plan, outlining what they will do to make your home safe again and free from mold. Just doing a portion of the repairs won't help the occupants of the house with their health because mold exposure remains. The final report is essential because it provides a detailed paly to make the area safe and healthy for the owners. For the mold professional's, they have adequate information so that they can complete the remediation work.

 

Beware of fake mold "professionals" who come out from the woodwork after storms, etc.

You will never see so many advertisements for mold testing as you will after a storm. Some of these services are legitimate, and some are less experienced but looking to take advantage of the opportunity to make some money. You need to ensure you select a reputable, recommended company. May we cut right to the chase and suggest our reputable company? It's O2 Mold Testing. We have qualified inspectors who will come out and inspect for mold with our up-to-date professional equipment. We've got all the professional experience and equipment that non-professionals can't even begin to mention to you such as air sampling, leak detection, surface sampling, and much more. We've helped many a desperate client in many locations. If you smell mold, consider having a qualified mold inspection firm like us test for you and follow up, at your request, with a remediation plan. Remember too, if your house is viewed as a problem for mold, its value is going to change dramatically as well. Don't wait till it gets worse - call today 888-202-1680.

 

<<< Back to our blog

Call us: 888-202-1680
© 2005-2021 | All Rights Reserved |